|Yahshua, "Our Messiah," in prayer at Gethsemane.|
Legalism, by definition, refers to one specific Motivational Aspect which may [or may not] govern one's Spiritually Derived and Physical Actions - with respect to their ongoing Obedience. When actions are wrongly motivated by our incorrect desire to: Earn Our Spiritual Salvation, Curry Yahweh's Favor, or Receive Some Special Reward - through our own physical endeavors - then we are being "Spiritually Legalistic." Nor, is our Legalistic Adherence, in any way, acceptable to Yahweh! I can, fully, assure you.
Consider The Following Scriptures:
- "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." - Proverbs 14:12.
- "All the ways of man are pure in his own eyes, But Yahweh weighs the spirits." - Proverbs 16:2.
- "The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to Yahweh, But the words of the pure are pleasant." - Proverbs 15:26.
- "Yahweh looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. From the place of His habitation He looks on all the inhabitants of the earth; He fashions their hearts individually; He considers their works.... Behold, the eye of Yahweh is on those who fear Him, Upon those who hope in His mercy, To deliver their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine." - Psalm 33:13-19.
Although I could have listed hundreds of such [plainly spoken] Scriptural References, I believe that these four make the point that I am trying to express... Yahweh is far more interested in Our Internal Motivations, than the more obvious Physical Actions which they effectively result in! After all, even "Evil Men" do good - when it will benefit them... while "Righteous Men," are often forced into sinful positions - in order to serve The Far Greater Good. Are these concepts beyond our own simple understanding, when they more-fully represent A Sound Doctrine?
|A final stop: "The Rail Entrance To Auschwitz...."|
Thus, we can [equally] see that:
- A Wrong Action may be acceptable to Yahweh, when [properly] motivated by: Human Compassion and Obedience To The Spirit Of Yahweh.
- And [even] Strict "Legalistic" Obedience may [in fact] be a punishable offense upon Our God-Given Day Of Judgment.
Although many of us may see these things as A Metaphysical "Gray Area" - which falls between the cracks of the scripture - I can fully assure you, that it isn't. For Yahweh seeks out those who will: "Worship, In Spirit And In Truth!" For, haven't we also read: "In those days, I shall write my laws upon the tablets of their heart; and I shall engrave them upon their inner most being."? At what point in time is He then speaking of, if not of ours? Of course, He speaking of "The Last Days" - wherein we finally receive: "The Fullness And Stature Of Christ"!
The Sacred Scriptures have always been "Black and White" to those in whom Yahweh's Spirit effectually dwells! They make Spiritually Intuitive Decisions based upon Yahweh's Internal Guidance - while actively listening for: "His Still Small Voice" which openly speaks to them daily. This is why the scriptures state: "My sheep hear My voice, and they follow Me, whither-so-ever I goeth." What can be any simpler than that?
|The Ten Commandments: Exodus Chapter 20.|
In essence, we have grown beyond our parent's own: Direct Rulership and Strictures - as we have [more fully] matured, into increasingly self-governing individuals. Our parents may then adjust their own spiritual roles accordingly, into that of: Counselors, Companions, and [yes] even Friends. And does this Spiritual Concept not, also, equally apply to Yahweh? Of course, it does! Yahweh is far more, than just "Our Creator..." He is also: "Our Spiritual Father, which art in heaven." That is [precisely] what Yahshua came for, and ultimately attempted to teach us, while He was yet still here.
|A painting of: "Sodom and Gemorrah."|
Rather than Falsely Condemning Others of practicing "Spiritual Legalism" - based solely upon their outward appearances of Obedience and Scriptural Adherence, and our child-like misunderstandings of it - perhaps, we should be factually joining them in the Personal Internalization of Yahweh's Holy Spirit! Even now, The Reformation continues; and: "His Sheep hear His Voice, and they follow Him where-so-ever He goes." Will you, be one of them? Only Yahweh truly knows....
- "Who is wise? Let him understand these things. Who is prudent? Let him know them. For the ways of Yahweh are right: The righteous walk in them, But transgressors stumble in them." - Hosea 14:9.
Ahava and Shalom.