|"The Good Die Young" is an often noted observation.|
Or, as it can also be stated alternatively:
- "Why would 'A Good God' punish [or shorten] the lives of 'The Righteous?'"
- "Why would 'A Perfect Judge' reward [or lengthen] the days of 'The Wicked?'"
- "If 'God Is Truly Just,' then why don't our own lives often reflect this fact - far more accurately?"
To many of us, these are deeply disturbing, profoundly troubling, and personally perplexing questions of necessary significance! At times, even the staunchest of Judeo-Christian Believers can struggle with them - given the numerous claims in the scriptures. Consequently, I have decided to begin posting the proper scriptural explanations to these numerous Spiritual Questions, as they are being brought to my attention. If you have such a question - in need of answering - then please feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire and I'll gladly post the correct answers online....
In the meantime, however, let's examine our current Spiritual Question Of The Day. Why do the good [so frequently] die young; and precisely how can a good God allow [or even justify] such factual occurrences to happen? Some might even speculate that this is readily observable proof of either: God's Non-Existence, or His Ill-Intentions - toward mankind, in general... after all, doesn't this bring, "His Own Inherent Goodness," into question? There are undoubtedly many, who would like you to largely believe so... but, what do the scriptures have to [honestly] say about it? Or, does it even reference this subject, at all?
Well, actually it does... and Yahweh explains Himself quite clearly! Therefore, let's examine some scriptures.
Isaiah Chapter 57, States:
- "The righteous perishes, and no man takes it to heart; Merciful men are taken away, while no one considers that the righteous is taken away from Evil. He shall enter into peace; They shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness." - Isaiah 57:1-2.
Yahweh has not hidden this Obvious Truth from among men, nor does He quietly ignore bringing it up - as something to be honestly ashamed of... rather, He speaks about it frankly in the scriptures as His Willful and Intentional Act! Righteous men are taken away, earlier than most, to protect them from the Evils - being continually perpetrated - by their less than benevolent brothers. What could be more merciful than that? The fact that we all inherently fear death - as our conceptual enemy - doesn't mean that it actually is... and Yahweh holds all of the necessary keys over "Life and Death." The reason that Yahweh calls such instances of human death as "Sleep" is, because no death can be final - without His Eventual Judgment!
Upon the appointed "Resurrection Day," The Righteous Man will [yet] walk about upon the Earth... even as Yahweh has assured them through His servants the prophets. For, He has written Himself a Book Of Remembrance - in order to, once again, bring them to mind. Even as Yahshua commanded unto Lazurus to awaken from his 4 day period of "Sleep," and his physical body refreshed itself and fully obeyed, the Physical State Of Death means absolutely nothing to Yahweh! Frequently, we merely fail to understand His full claims within the scripture.
However, There Is More To Consider:
- "But come here, You sons of the sorceress, You offspring of the adulterer and the harlot! Whom do you ridicule? Against whom do you make a wide mouth and stick out your tongue? Are you not the children of transgression, offspring of falsehood, inflaming yourselves with gods under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys, and under the clefts of the rocks? Among the smooth stones of the stream is your portion; They, they, are your lot! Even to them you have poured a drink offering, you have offered a grain offering. Should I take comfort in these?" - Isaiah 57:3-6.
- "On a lofty and high mountain you have set your bed; even there you went up to offer sacrifice. Also behind the doors and their posts you have set up your remembrance; For you have uncovered yourself to those other than Me, and have gone up to them; You have enlarged your bed and made a covenant with them; You have loved their bed, where you saw their hand. You went to the king with ointment, and increased your perfumes; You sent your messengers far off, and debased yourself even in Sheol. You are wearied in the length of your way; Yet you did not say, 'There is no hope.' You have found the life of your hand; Therefore you were not grieved." - Isaiah 57:7-10.
- "And of whom have you been afraid, or feared, that you have lied and not remembered Me, nor taken it to your heart? Is it not because I have held My peace from of old that you do not fear Me? I will declare your righteousness and your works, for they will not profit you , when you cry out; Let your collection of idols deliver you. But the wind will carry them all away, a breath will take them. But he who puts his trust in Me shall possess the land, and shall inherit My Holy Mountain." - Isaiah 57:11-13.
While everyone considers their Current Human Lives with exceptionally high esteem [or regard] - perceiving it as being the only one they will ever have - they are missing out upon the ample opportunities to properly prepare for the next one, which is of far more significant value! Thus, they have accepted a trade - wherein short term gain for the moment, has been individually substituted for their long term spiritual and physical benefit. Longevity, in this life, comes at the expense of our eternal one - while Yahweh Himself continually pleads with us to effectually change. Whereas, The Righteous Man - having already displayed his true character traits - is laid to rest awaiting his own personal rewards! Truth About God isn't really all that complicated... when you come right down to it.