- "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning? O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear; And in the night season, and am not silent." - Psalm 22:1,2.
- "But You are holy, Who inhabit the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in You; They trusted, and You delivered them. They cried to You, and were delivered; They trusted in You, and were not ashamed." - Psalm 22:3-5.
- "But I am a worm, and no man; A reproach of men, and despised of the people. All those who see Me laugh Me to scorn; They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, 'He trusted in the Lord, let Him rescue him; Let Him deliver him, since he delights in Him!" - Psalm 22:6-8.
- "But You are He who took me out of the womb; You made me trust when I was on my mother's breasts. I was cast upon You from birth. From my mother's womb You have been my God. Be not far from me, For trouble is near; For there is none to help."- Psalm 22:9-11.
- "And it shall come to pass in all the land, Says Yahweh, 'That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, But one-third shall be left in it; I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My Name, And I will answer them. I will say, 'This is My People'; And each one will say, Yahweh is my God!'" - Zechariah 13:8-9.
- "Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me. They gape at me with their mouths, as a raging and roaring lion. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it has melted within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue clings to my jaws; You have bought me to the dust of death. For dogs have surrounded me; The assembly of the wicked has enclosed me. They pierced my hands and my feet; I can count all of my bones. They look and stare at me. They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots. But You, O Lord, do not be far from me; O my strength, hasten to help me! Deliver me from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dog. Save me from the lion's mouth And from the horns of the wild oxen!" - Zechariah 22: 12-21a.
Like many of the prophets, before him, Yahweh gave him a vision:
- "You have answered me."- Zechariah 22:21b.
- "I will declare Your name to my bretheren; In the midst of the congregation I will praise You. You who fear the Lord, praise Him! All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him, And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel! For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Nor has He hidden His face from him; But when he cried to Him, He heard." - Zechariah 22:22-24.
As humans, we have had to spiritually: grow, develop, and mature... even as our own human children are incapable of fending for themselves when first being born. This is "The Great Spiritual Truth" - which we yet now, but dimly perceive!
He then skips ahead to, "The Period Of Restoration:"
- "My praise shall be to You in the great congregation; I will pay my vows before those who fear Him. The poor shall eat and be satisfied; Those who seek Him will praise almighty Yahweh. Let your heart live forever! All the ends of the world Shall remember and return to the Lord, And all the families of the nations Shall worship before You. For the kingdom is Yahweh's, And He rules over the nations. All the prosperous of the earth Shall eat and worship; All those who go down to the dust Shall bow before Him, Even he who cannot keep himself alive. A posterity shall serve Him. It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation, They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born, That He has done this." - Zechariah 22:25-31.
- "A posterity shall serve Him. It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation, They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born, That He has done this." - Zechariah 22:30-31.
A Reminder To All Israel: Yahweh never makes a promise, that He doesn't keep!